Venue: Recital Hall

Property Value
rdf:type
rdfs:comment
  • Recital Hall was a 1200-seat auditorium on the lower level of Carnegie Hall that was the first venue in the building to begin operations when the hall opened in 1891. In 1896, the venue was reconfigured as the 800-seat Carnegie Lyceum. It became an off-Broadway theater called Carnegie Playhouse in 1956, and in 1961 was converted to an art film movie house called Carnegie Hall Cinema. The venue was completely rebuilt between 1999 and 2003, when it reopened as the 599-seat Zankel Hall, named in honor of Carnegie Hall Vice Chairman Arthur Zankel and his wife, Judy.
gn:parentFeature
rdfs:label
  • Recital Hall
View Data As: JSON-LD | N-Triples | Turtle | N3 | XML